Friday, November 20, 2009

Pioneer Women's Book Tour 2009

Thanks Ree for coming to Chicago! This has been quite an experience! I left my house about 5:15am to get in line at Barnes & Noble a little before 7am. I was a somewhat hesitant only because I am TERRIBLE with directions. Luckily if I did not take the expressway and added a little more travel time it turns out Skokie is only two turns from door to door! That I can do :) I am So glad I went. I met the nicest people standing in line. Bill and Alisa from Naperville and Debbie from Rockford were the first three after me in line and we got to spend a couple of hours together. The made the wait go a little quicker. I drove home and about 2pm my niece and I headed out again. My niece has no aversion to expressways so we got there a little faster. While waiting for Ree to sign books we sat around and talked for a few hours with fellow PW blog readers and some bloggers. It was a very friendly group. I can't wait to check out some websites like
onpicnichill
susansnippets.blogspot.com
talesfromthecoopkeeper
and Marcy if you would send me a link to redbootsnruts I would love to link it, but I can't find it.

The highlight of the day of course was meeting Ree herself. She remembered my name from blogging comments which really made my day! She is just a lovely person. We all know her so well from her blogging and feel like she is our friend after following her so long reading about her and her family. As you sat down she makes you feel the same way. I sat down with her and we could have been having a cup of coffee at the ranch. Marlboro Man was nice to pose for pictures and sign books. Even their boys signed books! They were too cute, ok handsome :)

I only have one question left for you Ree, what is next for you and when are you coming back to Chicago?

Thank you for putting Chicago on your tour!

7 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Susan's Snippets said...

Thanks for throwing Susan's Snippets up on your site. I, too, appreciated and enjoyed all the wonderful people that I met.

I am sending you total props for being signing ticketholder Number ONE!!

it was way too fun

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. I will remember the fun I had for a long time especially because you were kind enough to take my picture with Ree. thanks, Thanks, THANKS Cindy! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family (including those tasty PW mashed potatoes, of course)!

--Deb (#4!)

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cindy'
Thanks for posting the pics so quickly! We had fun waiting in line with you.Isn't Ree a crack up? And her Family the sweetest? It just makes me want to buy some cows and live on a farm! Have a great Thanksgiving!
Bill and Alisa #2 and #3

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger The Travelers Journal said...

Glad you guys liked the pictures! Thanks for the great comments :) Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Hi there! Your pics turned out great too!

What a fun and memorable day.

So nice to have met you.

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Swampy said...

Just popped by to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.

Also, did you know Ree will be on The Bonnie Hunt Show again...today, Wednesday the 25th ?

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Mommas Soapbox said...

Looks like a great time! I wish she was coming here to my area in California!

Maybe we'll get added to the list before she's done.

Great photos!

Hope you had a great Thansgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home